Farmers and landowners have the opportunity to be involved in shaping new land use policy by attending Defra-hosted webinars taking place NEXT WEEK on:
- Tuesday, 28th July – 8:30-10:00 am
- Thursday, 30th July – 6:00-7:30 pm
Miscanthus offers a whole host of scientifically proven benefits and the Committee on Climate Change has recommended that 23,000 hectares of energy crops, including Miscanthus, is planted to meet the UK’s 2050 net zero targets.
- Carbon sequestration
- No annual cultivations, therefore reducing emissions
- Increased organic matter
- Improved soils and an increase in microbial life
- Cover in winter for wildlife
- A crop that thrives on marginal, unproductive food land
- A long term income and proven sustainable markets
- The opportunity for planting on NVZs to clean water courses
Register for the seminars here.