Are you passionate about user interface design, love problem solving, speak the language of code and have an interest in sustainability? This could be the job for you…
Front-end web developer
Background and overview of the role:
Terravesta is a world leading Miscanthus specialist.
Miscanthus is a renewable energy crop which helps to reducing greenhouse gas emissions from land-use and increase biodiversity on our farms.
Miscanthus is replacing fossil fuels on a grand scale. Bio-refining Miscanthus can form the basis of hundreds of thousands of products, such as bio-plastics, to bio-chemicals, bio-ethanol, packaging and pharmaceuticals.
Terravesta is growing rapidly as the demand for Miscanthus increases and the business is looking for a front-end web developer to communicate its message and support its expansion.
The successful candidate will work closely with our head of I.T development, our in-house graphic designer and our communications specialist.
- Design and implementation of interfaces for in house CRM system
- Design and implementation of interfaces for our research data management system
- Ensuring all our systems are accessible and easy to use
- Liaise with staff to improve existing workflows and develop new systems to improve productivity
- Maintain and develop Terravesta’s website portfolio
- Ensuring cross-platform and mobile compatibility of our systems
- Working with our design team to ensure brand consistency across all platforms
Required skills and experience:
- CSS3 and SASS
- Knowledge and experience of Git
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or similar RESTful framework
- Experience of WordPress or similar system
- Experience with Angular Framework or similar
Please send a cover letter, detailing why you believe you are suitable for the role, your CV and a portfolio of your best work to email@example.com.
Please send applications through by 1st June 2020.