Field research technician needed to manage groundbreaking Miscanthus research
Terravesta is looking for a talented individual to help run the experimental trials and data collection as part of the recently announced £3.3 million government-funded OMENZ project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running and managing field trials as part of Terravesta’s R&D department under the leadership of our R&D manager. The candidate will look at different approaches to establishing Miscanthus and will be expected to work alongside Terravesta’s operations manager, and the OMENZ researchers. Experience with analysis data is a must, and any candidate will be expected to have a good understanding of translating research into commercial practices. As such, they will have the opportunity to work with Terravesta’s commercial team to ensure the OMENZ work is delivering real impact for our growers.
The candidate will also work closely with Terravesta’s Harvest Hub development team to ensure that data is captured effectively and efficiently on all our ongoing research projects and our commercial planting. Therefore, they will need to be comfortable working with computers and able to process raw data and prepare for upload.
Any candidate will be required to do field work throughout the UK in remote locations, so they will need access to a suitable vehicle and be able to do phenotyping, crop planting and soil sampling. They will have the opportunity to travel to our nurseries in the EU to learn about rhizome and seed production.
Terravesta is a world-renowned Miscanthus specialist that helps growers in the UK and worldwide to establish new Miscanthus crops. The OMENZ project looks at how we can improve the efficiency and quality of our Miscanthus establishment.
- Fixed Term contract until March 2025
- Remote working available
- Setting up and conducting field trials
- Visiting crops and collecting data from around the UK
- Writing project reports
- Presenting results to OMENZ and Terravesta Teams
- Working closely with the operations team to translate research into business practice
- Visiting research partners and customers
- Degree in a scientific discipline
- Experience in analysing data from experiments
- Experience in writing up research reports
- Experience in data analysis and a good level of computer literacy
- UK driving license and access to own vehicle recommended, due to remote field locations, mileage paid for all business trips
Salary + Benefits
- £30,000 per annum
- 21 days annual leave, in addition to bank holidays
- The company also closes over the Christmas period (Christmas Eve to New Year)
12th February 2023
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.